lørdag den 15. juli 2017

Holika Holika Pure Essence Mask Sheet Cucumber


I colored my eyebrows two days ago which has made the skin around my eyebrows red, irritated and itchy. So last night when I was going to sheet mask, I decided to use this mask from Holika Holika to sooth my skin.

The packaging
The packaging looks appealing to me. Unlike a lot of other sheet masks, this line comes with an "easy open" function which makes it easy to open (obviously) and you don't get annoyed by slips.


Noticeable ingredients
Centella Asiatica Extract (anti-inflammatory, smoothing, soothing), Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract (skin protecting), Allantoin (soothing) and Cucumis Sativus (cucumber) Fruit Extract (skin conditioning).

Full ingredients list and directions:


Claims
"A moisturizing sheet provides moisture to skin and keeps it hydrated with cucumber extract".

The mask

When I opened the pouch and took out the sheet, it was difficult to unfold.
The sheet material was very thin - almost as thin as the 'Etude House 0.2 Therapy Air Mask' line. The sheet didn't break easily.

Essence
The essence was clear, thin and runny. There was plenty of it - so much that it was dripping when I unfolded the sheet and it ran down my neck while I was wearing the mask.
There was a lot of essence left in the pouch.

Smell
The essence had a pleasant smell. It's hard to describe the smell but it wasn't strong or overwhelming. It wasn't noticeable while I was wearing the mask.

Fit
The fit was great. There were one slit on each cheek and at the eyes to adjust the fit. Since the sheet material didn't break easily, it was no problem to do so. Both the holes for the eyes and the hole for the mouth were big enough. It adhered well to my skin.

Time
According to the back of the pouch, you should leave the mask on for 10-20 minutes. I left it on for half an hour and it was still very damp when I took it off.

While wearing the mask, it had a nice cooling effect. It didn't irritate my skin or feel uncomfortable at all.

Results
When I took off the sheet, the remaining essence absorbed after about 25 minutes. It left a slightly tacky and sticky finish but that went away when I continued my skincare routine.
This mask was soothing and hydrating. My skin was irritated when I put this on and this mask did a nice job calming it.

Would I recommend?
Sure. This is a nice budget friendly mask that does what it claims to do. The only negative thing I can say about it, is that it takes a long time to fully absorb.

Price
This costs $2 (USD).

Repurchase?
I will definitely buy this again in the future.

Pros:
- Comfortable sheet material
- Nice fit
- No noticeable smell
- Does what it claims
- Didn't irritate my skin at all
- Cheap

Cons:
- Takes a long time to absorb

Rating
4.5/5

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

Favorite skincare discoveries 2017

Here are my favorite new skincare discoveries for 2017. 2017 was a great year of skincare for me. It was the year where I started my Inst...