tirsdag den 1. august 2017

Mizon Joyful Time Essence Mask Hyaluronic Acid


This is the first sheet mask that I've ever tried from the brand Mizon. It's from their relatively new sheet mask line 'Joyful Time'.

The packaging
If you look at the pouch for this mask, it's obvious that it's supposed to be a hydrating mask. There are slits at the top of the pouch to make it easier to open the packaging.
On the back side there's ingredients list and directions in both Korean and English. 

Noticeable ingredients
Salvia Hispanica Seed Extract (skin conditioning), Centella Asiatica Extract (anti-inflammatory, smoothing, soothing), Sodium Citrate (antioxidant), Allantoin (soothing) and Sodium Hyaluronate (hydrating).

Full ingredients list:

Claims
"Hydrating essence in the Joyful Time delivers moisture and improves your skin condition pleasantly".

The mask

When I opened the pouch and took out the sheet, it was easy to unfold. The sheet material was thinner than average sheet material but not as thin as the '0.2 Therapy Air' line from Etude House.
The sheet didn't break easily. 

Essence
The essence had more of a serum-y texture than an essence texture - it was thicker than essence. Even though there was plenty of essence, it didn't drip while I was unfolding the sheet and it didn't run down my neck while I was wearing the mask.
There was a lot of essence left in the pouch.

Smell
It had a strong smell of alcohol which honestly made me reconsider even using the mask in the first place. With my dry and slightly sensitive skin, alcohol in skincare products can easily irritate the skin.
The smell was barely noticeable while the mask was on.

Fit
The fit was nice. The holes for the eyes and the mouth were big enough for my face. There were on slit on each cheek, one at the bottom of the chin and one at each eye. Since the sheet material didn't break easily, it was no problem adjusting the mask for a better fit. 
Once the mask was on, it adhered well to my skin and stayed in its place the whole time I was wearing the mask. 

Time
According to the back of the pouch, you should leave this mask on for 10-20 minutes. I left it on for about 25 minutes and it was still damp when I took it off.

The mask did sting a bit on my skin the first couple of minutes that I was wearing it - probably because of the alcohol. I decided to keep the mask on even though it did sting a bit. After a couple of minutes, I no longer felt the stingly feeling on my skin. It was replaced with a nice cooling effect. 

Results
When I took the sheet off, the remaining essence on my skin absorbed after about 10 minutes.
It left my skin non-sticky and my t-zone didn't look oily.
My skin felt soft and hydrating. 

Would I recommend?
I wouldn't recommend this mask because of the amount of alcohol.

Price
This retails at about $2 (USD) but you can probably find it cheaper in some online stores. 

Repurchase?
I will not repurchase this. I prefer the Hyaluronic Acid mask from Etude House (review here). 

Rating
Because of the nice fit, the cooling effect while on and the soft, non-sticky feeling my skin was left with, I give this 3/5 - even though it had a strong smell of alcohol.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

Favorite skincare discoveries 2017

Here are my favorite new skincare discoveries for 2017. 2017 was a great year of skincare for me. It was the year where I started my Inst...