søndag den 13. august 2017

Laneige Fresh Brightening Cleansing Oil



I've been using this cleansing oil every day in my PM skincare routine since March. I bought this because it has been  Ophthalmologically tested which means that it does not irritate the sensitive skin around the eyes. Even though I prefer using an eye makeup remover to remove makeup from my eyes, I liked that this cleansing oil is so gentle that it is possible to use as an eyemakeup remover.

Target comsumers
"- Those who dislike the heavy texture of oil cleansers. 
- Those who want smooth and clear skin upon cleansing. 
- Those looking for a quick and easy way to remove makeup at night." 

It's supposed to fit all skintypes.

Claims
"Light and refreshing apricot oil-based cleanser that's effective in removing old skin cells, giving a brightening effect on skin."

Ingredients
As you can see on the ingredients list, this cleansing oil doesn't contain mineral oils that clogs the pores.

What Laneige says about the ingredients

Packaging

This cleansing oil comes in a box that I no longer have.
The bottle contains 250 ml. It comes with a screw-cap (as shown on the picture on the top of this post) that prevents it from leaking during shipping. In the box there's an additional pump dispenser. The pump dispenser that you can see on these pictures is not the original one. The one that came with this Laneige cleansing oil broke after I had only used it for a week. I expected better quality from a product at this pricerange.
I hadn't thrown out my old cleansing oil (Skin Watchers Natural Deep Cleansing Oil) so I replaced the pump dispenser from Laneige with the pump dispenser from Skin Watchers since it fitted the hole.

The design is classic Laneige. On the front side of the bottle there's claims in English. On the backside, everything is in Korean.



Texture and color
This cleansing oil is clear. It's relatively thin - not as thin as the cleansing oil from Skin Watchers but it's not thick either. 

Smell
It smells citrus-y. The smell is a little strong and some might find it overwhelming but it doesn't bother me.

How to use
STEP 1. Massage
Pump product three times onto dry hands and massage onto dry face for thirty seconds. Take extra care of the area around the nose and chin by massaging in small circular motions.

STEP 2. Emulsion
Wet your hands with lukewarm water and massage for thirty seconds more.

STEP 3. Rinse
Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.

How I use it
Please excuse the man-hands on the pictures - I borrowed my husbands hand.

From top to the bottom:
3W Clinic Collagen Foundation
Tonymoly Crystal Lovley Eyes
Tonymoly Lovely Eyebrow Pencil
Max Factor Lipfinity Lip Color

STEP 1:
I pump the product two times onto dry hands and massage on my dry face for about 30 seconds - or longer if I'm wearing a lot of makeup.
As you can see, the lip product didn't come off easily but with some extra massaging it went away.



STEP 2:
I wash my hands with handsoap to remove the cleansing oil completely.

STEP 3:
I wet my hands with lukewarm water and massage my face once again.
It's not so visible on the picture but this is the step where the cleansing oil starts to emulsify.



STEP 4:
I rinse my face with lukewarm water.


STEP 5:
I use a foam cleanser on my face to make sure that I have removed all the cleansing oil. 

Effects
(My skintype: Dry and slightly sensitive)
I only use this on my face but I have tried using it to remove eyemakeup. It's effective and it doesn't sting that much in the eyes. The reason I prefer using an eyemakeup remover is that I don't like that oil cleansers gives me a blurry vision when I get it in the eyes - something I always seem to do.

My face feels slightly sticky after washing this cleansing oil away with water but once I've used a cleansing foam, my skin is non-sticky. My skin looks clean - it removes makeup, sunscreen and dirt effectively. It doesn't strip my skin as much as some other cleansing oils do and it doesn't irritate my skin at all.
It evens out my skintone nicely after washing it off and my skin does appear brighter but the effects are not long-lasting. However, I didn't expect that since this is a washoff product.

Price
This retails at $35 (USD) so it's not budget friendly.

Pros
- Nice smell.
- Removes makeup, sunscreen and dirt gently and effectively and leaves the skin clean.
- Doesn't strip the skin completely.

Cons
- The pump dispenser broke quickly.
- Strong smell (this is both a pro and con because I like the smell but it's also quite strong).
- No long term brightening effect.
- Not cheap.

Repurchase?
I will not repurchase this.

Rating
3.5/5

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

Favorite skincare discoveries 2017

Here are my favorite new skincare discoveries for 2017. 2017 was a great year of skincare for me. It was the year where I started my Inst...