torsdag den 3. august 2017

Innisfree Super Vulcanic Pore Clay Mask



I've been using this clay mask once a week since November so I feel like it's time to share my thoughts about it.
I actually bought this mask by mistake - I meant to buy the original one. What can I say, don't go onlineshopping when you're tired. It wasn't before I recieved it, I realized that I had ordered the wrong one. I decided to use it anyway.

Claims and 'How to use'
This is a screenshot from www.Innisfreeworld.com
Ingredients
WATER, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, VOLCANIC ASH, GLYCERIN, SILICA, TREHALOSE, KAOLIN, BENTONITE, POLYVINYL ALCOHOL, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, ZINC OXIDE (CI 77947), GLYCERYL STEARATE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, JUGLANS REGIA (WALNUT) SHELL POWDER, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, CITRUS UNSHIU PEEL EXTRACT, OPUNTIA COCCINELLIFERA FRUIT EXTRACT, ORCHID EXTRACT, CAMELLIA JAPONICA LEAF EXTRACT, PVP, PEG-100 STEARATE, POLYSORBATE 60, STEARIC ACID, PALMITIC ACID, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL, XANTHAN GUM, IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, SORBITAN STEARATE, POLYACRYLATE-13, MANNITOL, MICROCRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE, LACTIC ACID, POLYISOBUTENE, MENTHOXYPROPANEDIOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, TETRASODIUM PYROPHOSPHATE, POLYSORBATE 20, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), DISODIUM EDTA, PHENOXYETHANOL.
(copied from www.Innisfreeworld.com).

It doesn't contain Mineral Oil, Animal-Originated Ingredients, Artificial Fragrances or Imidazolidinyl Urea.

Packaging

This clay mask comes in a tin jar with an aluminium lid and it contains 100 ml.. Even though I've dropped it several times, the container hasn't broken.
As you can see on the first picture above, almost everything on the back side of the container is in Korean.


When you open the container and remove the lit, there's some see-through plastic. After removing the plastic, you get to the clay mask. As you can see, the packaging is unhyigenic. With packaging like this, it's always a good idea to use a spatula to scoop up the product to avoid spreading bacterias from your hands.

Texture



The texture of this has changed since I opened it. It used to be smoother but after being open for a few months, it started to harden. It hasn't dried out completely but the texture has definetely changed. It doesn't make the mask less effective - it just makes it more difficult to spread out on the skin.

Smell
This smells a little like mud as you would expect from a clay mask. The smell isn't strong and it's barely noticeable while the mask is on.

While using it
You can use this in two ways: As a spot treatment over night and as a washoff mask. I've only ever used it as a mask and I usually keep this on for 15 minutes. While the mask is on, it has a nice cooling effect. It dries up on the skin and once it's dry, it's almost impossible to talk.

Results
As I mentioned above, I usually keep this on for 15 minutes before washing it off.
Even after the mask is washed off, the cooling effect is still there. My skin seems to appear brighter right after washing the mask off but it's not like I've seen any lasting brightening effect - my skin tone goes back to normal quickly.
It removes sebum effectively and it exfoliates my skin gently. It's not harsh on my dry and slightly sensitve skin like a lot of other exfoliating products. It doesn't dry my skin out completely which is a huge plus.
It minimizes my blackheads a bit but it doesn't remove them. However, I have never seen my pores as clean as they are after using this. I don't have big pores so I can't tell you whether this has helped on my pore size. Even though my pores aren't big, they always appear even smaller after using this because this mask cleanses them so well.
After using this mask, my skin absorbs the rest of my routine better.

Price
This costs $15 (USD) on www.Innisfreeworld.com but you can find it cheaper other places online. Whether you buy it on Innisfreeworld or other websites, it's a budget friendly mask - I've used it once a week since November and it's still not empty.

Pros
- It cleanses the pores well
- Exfoliates gently
- Nice cooling effect
- Fragrance free
- Inexpensive

Cons
- Doesn't remove blackheads
- The product hardens
- Unhyigenic packaging

Repurchase?
I will not repurchase this but I might buy the 'Original' version of this mask.

Rating
3/5

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

Favorite skincare discoveries 2017

Here are my favorite new skincare discoveries for 2017. 2017 was a great year of skincare for me. It was the year where I started my Inst...