tirsdag den 9. januar 2018

Pyunkang Yul Moisture Serum



For the past month, I've been using this serum from Pyunkang Yul in both my AM and PM skincare routine and I really enjoy it. Ever since my favorite youtuber Gothamista raved about this brand, I've wanted to try it so when Maja from Surisuri.dk offered to send me this serum to test and review, I was ecstatic.

About the brand (from Ohlolly.com):
"Developed by the renowned Pyunkang Oriental Medicine Clinic in Korea, Pyunkang Yul dares to abandon trendy ingredients that are merely for texture or scent.  Each and every ingredient used by Pyunkang Yul has been selected for being the most gentle and safe for skin.  Finding and maintaining the oil and moisture balance in your skin is imperative to achieving healthy skin.  With Pyunkang Yul, your skin will find its optimal balance for a glowing complexion.  Pyunkang Yul is a cruelty-free brand!"

About the product (from Stylekorean.com):
The perfect balance between oil and moisture!
- Maintains the skin's oil-moisture balance and prevents the evaporation of hydration for a longer lasting dewy effect.
- Hypo-allergenic.
- Barberry root extracts work to reduce the temperature of your skin to soothe sensitive, irritated skin.

- Olive oil offers an intense hydration effect and prevents your skin from becoming dry.


Claims
"The moisture serum fully moisturize your skin and helps you nourish softer, smoother and silkier skin texture. The serum provides perfectly optimized moisture balance for healthier skin."

Ingredients
Milk Vetch Root Extract, Butylene Glycol, Olive Oil, Caprlic and Capric, 1,2-Hexandiol, Stearic Acid, Polysorbate 60, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Glycerincaprylate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Carbomer, Arginine, Dimethicone.

Noticeable ingredients
Milk Vetch Root Extract: This has antioxidant properties and it's rich in nutrition.
Olive Oil: Olive oil has so many skin benefits. It's rich in minerals, vitamins and natural fatty acids. It's also nourishing and rich in antioxidants.

The ingredients lists of Pyunkang Yul products are actually what attracted me to this brand. As you can see, this ingredients list is short and it doesn't contain water or fragrance. I really like that they believe in natural ingredients and that they avoid unnecessary ingredients.

Nice to know
Shelf life: 24 months.
PAO (Period after opening): 12 months.

The packaging




The serum comes in a box. On the side of the box, all useful information (claims, instructions, ingredients etc.) about the serum is written in both Korean and English.


First of all, look at this size of it! The bottle is huge compared to most serum. A serum usually contains somewhere between 40 and 60 ml. (at least all the other serums in my stash do) - this one contains 100ml. It's a good thing that PAO is 12 months because this is going to last a long time.
This serum comes in a pretty royal blue bottle with a liquid dropper. The packaging is like the ingredients list: simple. As much as I appreciate the hygienic packaging and the intention of the dropper, I would prefer a pump. I like that it's easy to control exactly how many drops of serum that you dispence. However, the texture of the serum is too thick for the dropper which makes it difficult to get the serum into the dropper in the first place.

Texture and color



If I didn't know that this was a serum, I would have thought that it was an emulsion or a lotion because of the texture. It's as thick as most emulsions and it's white. It spreads out easily on the skin and despite the thick texture, it doesn't feel heavy at all.

Smell
This serum has little to no smell. The smell is so light that I can't really say what it smells like.

How to use
"Apply adequate amount on your skin along with your skin texture."

How I use it
I use it in both my AM and PM skincare routine. In my AM skincare routine, I use it after essence and before cream. In my PM skincare routine, I use it after a sheetmask and before my emulsion. I only need three drops to cover my entire face.

Effects
Once applied, it absorbs within a few minutes. It doesn't leave any residue. It just leaves my skin smooth and calm. This is also moisturizing but it still feels lightweight on the skin.

I can rarely see if one single product makes a difference because I use so many products that it can be hard to tell if the improvement is caused by one product or another. This serum stood out. I could actually feel improvement on my skin after about a week with this serum. I started using this in the beginning of December and because of the cold weather, my skin was even drier than it usually is. After about a week of using this twice a day, I noticed that my dry patches were less dry and less red.

What I really like about this, is that I can use it all the time - even when my skin is irritated - and it calms it.

Pros:
- Nice ingredients list.
- No noticeable smell.
- Lightweight despite thick texture.
- The bottle is huge and a little product goes a long way.
- Does as it claims to do.
- Improved my dry patches.

Cons:
The only con is the dropper.

Overall
This is a great serum. The effect of the product compensates well for the dropper. I highly recommend it for all skintypes - including oily and sensitive.

Disclaimer: I received this from Surisuri.dk in exchange of my honest review. I am in no way obligated to write a positive review.
Surisuri har til og med den 10. januar 2017 15% på alle ikke nedsatte varer med koden "nytår15". Maja, der har webshoppen, er sød og hjælper gerne, hvis du er i tvivl om, hvilke produkter du skal vælge til din hudtype og dine behov.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

Favorite skincare discoveries 2017

Here are my favorite new skincare discoveries for 2017. 2017 was a great year of skincare for me. It was the year where I started my Inst...