onsdag den 30. august 2017

RE:CIPE Slowganic Sheet Mask Aloe

Today I want to talk about this sheet mask from the brand RE:CIPE - a brand that is still quite new to me (so far, I've only tried a couple of their sheet masks - no products yet).

What RE:CIPE says about the mask
"Slowganic Sheet Mask which is compound word of SLOW and RAWGANIC is the natural mask which is made by including the original ingredients of good quality, obtained from the nature in their natural states. It increases adhesion property to the skin with application of the high elasticity fabric sheet and it delivers effective ingredients in the most effective way."

Claims
It selected only the domestic local food which has been grown and riped with sincerity and this is the natural sheet mask which includes natural ingredients of good quality obtained from the nature. As it includes the aloe which has been riped in Geoje Island, it grants lots of moisture energy to dry skin. Therefore it helps for the moisture supply."

The packaging
The packaging is simple. On the front side, there's a picture of some aloe. On the back side there are claims in English but no ingredients list.










Noticeable ingredients
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (moisturizing), Allantoin (anti-inflammatory, soothing), Lavender Extract (skin conditioning), Cucumber Fruit Extract (skin conditioning) and Sodium Hyaluronate (hydrating).

Full ingredients list
 Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Allantoin, Betaine, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance.

The mask

When I opened the pouch and took out the sheet, it was difficult to unfold because of the many slits.


The sheet material was medium thick - like average sheet material.

Essence
The essence was clear and watery and there was plenty of it. The sheet started dripping as soon as I took it out of the pouch and it kept dripping while I unfolded it. When I was wearing the mask, the essence ran down my neck.
There was about a table spoon amount of essence left in the pouch.

Smell
The essence had a pleasant smell. It was like a mixture of a fresh, natural plant-smell and lotion. The smell wasn't strong or overwhelming and it was barely noticeable while the mask was on. 

Fit
The fit was okay. There were so many slits so it was possible to adjust the mask for a better fit. The material felt a bit stiff so it didn't adhere well to my skin.

Time
According to the back of the pouch, you should leave the mask on for 15-20 minutes. I left it on for 25 minutes before it started to dry and let go at the edges.

While wearing the mask it had a little cooling effect.

Results
After I took off the sheet, the remaining essence absorbed after about 10 minutes. It left my skin non-sticky and my t-zone didn't look oily. My skin felt soothed and a bit hydrated.

If you look at the ingredients list, I should have had better results. I think it's because it contains too much water. Whether it's because the amount of water is too high or if this sheet mask just doesn't work for me, I am not impressed. 

Would I recommend?
No. There are better aloe masks out there - like this one from Holika Holika.

Price
This retails at $2 (USD) so it's affordable.

Pros
- A bit cooling while on.
- Pleasant smell
- Soothing.

Cons
- No ingredients list in English on the pouch
- Didn't adhere well to my skin
- The results were minimal

Repurchase?
I still have two of these left but once I've used those, I will not repurchase.

Rating
2.5/5


Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

Favorite skincare discoveries 2017

Here are my favorite new skincare discoveries for 2017. 2017 was a great year of skincare for me. It was the year where I started my Inst...