fredag den 8. september 2017

Cosrx Holy Moly Snail Mask


If you're into Asian skincare, you've probably heard of this sheet mask. It's the only sheet mask from the beloved brand Cosrx and I guess that's why it's so well-known. Last night, I finally tried it - about time, right?
I've read many mixed reviews about it and I want to contribute with my own review.

Claims
"Your mood depends on how great your skin looks! Starting tonight, refresh the look of your skin with the Holy Moly Snail Mask by locking in the moisture with a layer of the nourishing formula featuring snail mucin and ginseng water."

The packaging
According to my husband, the front side of the packaging looks a bit like a kid has been playing in Paint but it's cute. On the front side, the claims are written in English. On the back side, there are directions and ingredients list in both Korean and English.

Noticeable ingredients
Red Ginseng Water: I really like that they've decided to use Red Ginseng Water instead of just regular water so that you can get some of the many benefits from Red Ginseng - like anti-aging.
Snail Secretion Filtrate: This has a healing effect to damaged skin, it's moisturizing and anti-aging.
Allantoin: This is anti-inflammatory and soothing.
Sodium Hyaluronate: This has great moisture-binding abilities.

Full ingredients list and How to use:


The mask


 

When I opened the pouch and took out the sheet, it was easy to unfold.


It's not the light - the sheet actually has a peach-y color instead of the regular white sheet.
It was thicker than average sheet material but still very soft.

Essence
If you look at the texture of the essence, you can see that snail secretion filtrate is one of the top ingredients - it's slimy and clear. It's thicker than water but still thin. It reminded me of the texture of the Cosrx Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence.
The sheet was dripping while I unfolded it and the essence ran down my neck while I was wearing the mask.
There was some essence left in the pouch.

Smell
I didn't really detect any smell. As you may have noticed on the ingredients list, this mask is fragrance free - something I really appreciate.

Fit
The fit was nice. Both the holes for the eyes and the hole for the mouth were big enough. The sheet didn't cover the last centimeter of my cheeks so I do not recommend this if you have a large head.
There were slits to improve the fit at the eyes and at the cheeks.

Time
According to the back of the pouch, you should leave the mask on for 15-20 minutes. I left it on for 25 minutes before it started to dry.

While wearing the mask it didn't irritate my skin or feel uncomfortable at all.

Results
When I took of the sheet, the remaining essence on my skin absorbed after about five minutes. It didn't leave any sticky residue. However, it did make my skin look oily as a lot of moisturizing masks tend to do.
My skin felt so moisturized and hydrated. I didn't really feel like I needed to use a lot of other products after this so I just used a light sleeping pack (Laneige Water Sleeping Pack).
It didn't even out my skintone and it didn't cause any breakouts but it didn't calm down the pimples that I currently have either.

Price
This costs $3 and you can find it at most Asian skincare online stores.

Would I recommend?
If you're looking for a moisturizing mask with a short ingredients list, I recommend this.

Pros
- Short ingredients list.
- No noticeable smell.
- Very moisturizing and hydrating.

Cons
- The fit was too small at my cheeks.
- Didn't calm down my current pimples.

Repurchase?
I have two more of these left but once I've used them, I will not repurchase. There are better sheet masks out there at the same pricerange.

Rating
4/5



Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

Favorite skincare discoveries 2017

Here are my favorite new skincare discoveries for 2017. 2017 was a great year of skincare for me. It was the year where I started my Inst...