mandag den 4. december 2017

The Face Shop Real Nature Lily



Last night, I tried this mask. This mask is a part of the budget friendly sheet mask range 'Real Nature' from The Face Shop.

Claims
"The mask sheet drenched in a smooth serum with oil with Lily brightens and revitalizes dull skin."

Directions
"1, Wash face and apply toner. 2. Pull out mask and carefully place on face. 3. Remove after 10-15 minutes and pat face lightly to absorb remaining essence on skin."

Ingredients
Ingredients: Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Glyceri Lilium Candidum Flower Extract, Alcohol Denat, Sorbitol, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Panthenol, Propanediol, Betaine, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Extract, Allantoin, Dipotassium Clycyrrhizate, Xanthan Gum, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Carbomer, Ethylhexyglycerin, Potassium Hydroxide, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Fragrance.

Noticeable ingredients
Glyceri Lilium Candidum Flower Extract: This is skin conditioning.
Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil: This is an emollient and it's rich in essential fatty acids.
Grapefruit Extract: This is rich in antioxidants and vitamins.
Allantoin: This is soothing and anti-inflammatory.

The formula is without added parabens.

The packaging
On the front side of the pouch, there are beautiful lilies. On the back side of the pouch there are claims and directions in both Korean, English and French (I think?). There are also ingredients list in both Korean and English.

The mask


When I opened the pouch and took out the mask, it was difficult to unfold due to the amount of slits.


The sheet material was medium-thick - like average sheet material.

Essence
The essence was a mixture between clear and white and it was watery. It didn't drip when I was unfolding the sheet and the essence didn't run down my neck while I was wearing wearing the mask.
There was about a tablespoon of essence left in the pouch.

Smell
The essence had a strong smell - like a mixture of perfume and floral. It was honestly a bit overwhelming since it was noticeable the whole time I was wearing the mask.

Fit
The fit was okay but there was definetely room for improvement. There were plenty of slits to adjust the mask for a better fit. Both the holes for the eyes and the hole for the mouth were big enough for my face. The sheet material was a bit stiff and it didn't adhere well to my skin.

Time
According to the back of the pouch, you should leave the mask on for 10-15 minutes. I left it on for 20 minutes before it started to dry.

Results
When I took off the sheet, the remaining essence absorbed after about 10 minutes. It left a sticky residue that didn't go away. My skintone was evened out nicely and my skin looked radiant. My skin felt hydrated.

Price
This retails at $3 on thefaceshop.ca so it's not expensive.

Pros
- Does as it claims to do.
- Hydrating.
- Affordable.

Cons
- Strong smell.
- Fit could be better.
- Didn't adhere well to my skin.

Would I recommend?
Just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean it won't work for you. However, I do believe that there are better masks out there at this price range.

Repurchase?
No.

Rating
3/5



Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

Favorite skincare discoveries 2017

Here are my favorite new skincare discoveries for 2017. 2017 was a great year of skincare for me. It was the year where I started my Inst...