lørdag den 30. december 2017

Son & Park Beauty Water


Today, I want to talk about this very hyped product: Son & Park Beauty Water. I've been using this deluxe sample (60 ml.) everyday in my PM skincare routine for the past month. Even though this is a multifunction product, I've mainly used it as a toner.

What it is (from Sokoglam.com)
"This multi-tasking toner and cleansing water has quickly become a cult favorite, as well as a 2015 Soko Glam Beauty Award Winner! It creates a clean base for the next steps in your skincare and makeup routine. Originally created by master artists, Son & Park, Beauty Water lives up to its name.

The Beauty Water is not just a cleanser but it mildly exfoliates with willow bark and papaya extract to help sweep away dead skin cells, revealing brighter skin tone and smoother texture. Lavender water, rose water, and orange fruit extract impart a subtle hydration so your skin can be prepped to absorb the next skin care steps, while adding in a bit of moisture. 

Beauty Water can be used in the morning to create the perfect canvas for makeup application, midday as a refresher, and night after cleansing to whisk away remaining impurities. For normal, oily, dry, and combination skin types. Beauty Water has a pH of 4.5, effectively resetting the skin's natural pH after cleansing."

Ingredients (from Sokoglam.com)
Water, Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Butylene Glycol,Propanediol, PEG-7 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Pentylene Glycol, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Xylitol, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil,Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Cedrus Atlantica Bark Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Water, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Oil, Illicium Verum (Anise) Fruit/Seed Oil, Artemisia Absinthium Extract, Rose Flower Oil, Ferula Galbaniflua (Galbanum) Resin Oil, Thuja Occidentalis Leaf Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Laveder)Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Extract, Melissa Officinalis Leaf Extract, Mentha Piperita(Peppermint) Leaf Extract, Mentha Rotundifolia Leaf Extract, Mentha Spicata Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Origanum Majorana Leaf Extract, OriganumVulgare Leaf Extract, Pelargonium Graveolens Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Decyl Glucoside, 1,2-Hexanediol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Sodium Chloride, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Octanediol, Copaifera Officinalis (Balsam Copaiba) Resin, Protease, Alcohol Denat., Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol.

The ingredients list is SO long. It contains a lot of different extracts and oils. It also contains Alcohol Denat and Alcohol so if you're sensitive to that, avoid it. Personally, it hasn't irritated my dry and slightly sensitive skin at all. 

Noticeable ingredients
Rosa Damascena Flower Water: This is moisturizing. 
Witch Hazel Water: This is mildly exfoliating.
Olive Fruit Oil: This contains fatty acids.

The packaging


The deluxe sample is just like the full size product when it comes to packaging - it's simple and minimalistic. There is hardly anything written on the bottle. The bottle is made out of plastic and it doesn't break easily. At the top, there is a small hole which makes it easy to put the product on cotton pads.

Texture and color
This Beauty Water has the same color and texture as water.

Smell
This product has a somewhat floral smell but I can't really describe it better than that. The smell seems overwhelming when you smell it directly from the bottle. Once it's on a cotton pad, it's not that strong and when it's applied on the face, the smell fades quickly as the product absorbs.

How to use
This can be used as a makeup remover, a toner, a mist and a gentle exfoliater.

How I use it
As a makeup remover: I've only used it once as a makeup remover just to test if it works. It did remove my light makeup but if you are wearing heavy makeup, this probably won't work that well as a remover. The reason that I've only used it once as a makeup remover is that I prefer to double cleanse since it's just a part of my routine that I wouldn't be without. My skin just feels so much more clean when I double cleanse. I do think that it's practical that it has cleansing proporties when you can't do a double cleanse - if you're on a long airplane trip for example.

As a toner: I really enjoy using it as a toner in my PM skincare routine because it leaves my skin so clean and if there should be any makeup residue, this removes it. I apply it with a cotton pad. I only use one layer of it (instead of the 7 skin method as I do with the Klairs toner) because it contains alcohol.

As a mist: I haven't actually tried using this as a mist but I do think that it would work very well.

As a gentle exfoliater: To be honest, I don't know if this even exfoliates because it's so gentle but it probably does with that ingredients list. This is not exfoliating enough to skip my exfoliating wash off masks and peeling gels.

Results
After I've applied this with a cotton pad (as a toner), it absorbs quickly without leaving any sticky residue. It removes all residues from makeup and dirt and it just leaves the skin clean and glowing. My skin is left slightly moisturized, soft and ready for the rest of my skincare routine.

Overall
This is a good product that does what it claims to do and I can understand the hype about it.

Disclaimer: I received this from surisuri.dk/ in exchange of my honest review. All opinions are my own.
Surisuri.dk har lige nu 15% på alle i forvejen ikke nedsatte varer med koden "nytår15". Maja, der har webshoppen, hjælper gerne hvis du er i tvivl om, hvilke produkter du skal vælge til din hudtype og dine behov.


Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

Favorite skincare discoveries 2017

Here are my favorite new skincare discoveries for 2017. 2017 was a great year of skincare for me. It was the year where I started my Inst...